Monday, July 22, 2013

Live The Life YOU Want To Live: Part 3





So in the last part of this series of blog posts, we left off with a poignant question of how do we know if we are following somebody else’s perceived path to happiness?


Before I answer this question, it’s important to know why I feel the need to answer this question.  I am currently at a state in my life in which I am questioning EVERYTHING around me.  I am challenging my own thoughts, feelings, and beliefs every single day.  With that said, I am not only searching through the jungles of my mind in order to find what happiness means in my life, but I also want to share what I’ve learned in my journey with you as well.  We both can learn from each other if you can relate to what I’m saying.

You see, I’m all about creating awareness with the world around me.  With that said, I may not have all the answers, but creating awareness is so important so that we can move past the “whys” and get to the “hows.”  We must take action once we have identified the problem.

So how do we know if we are following somebody else’s perceived path to happiness?  Simply take a look at your life right now.  Are you living your life to the fullest?  Are you living your life the way YOU want to?  Have you given up on your dreams because of insecurities, peer pressure, or other negative forces pushing you away from your dreams?  Are you living your life by YOUR rules?

Now if your answers to those questions are “no” you may feel a sense of anger, sadness, or other negative feelings brewing inside of you---And that’s OKAY if you’re not there yet!  You can be in control of yourself and your life.  You can work towards improving those things that you may find you need to pay more attention to in your life.  Working towards happiness is also easier said than done.  Remember, without risk, there is no reward.

Also, happiness is not all about having a big smile on your face every day.  It’s all about a sense of fulfillment in your life.  It’s also a state of mind.  You are in control of your emotions every second of every day.

Now I know that the topic of happiness is much more complicated than I’m making it out to be, but simply think of these questions that I’m presenting to you as a shed of light towards your darkened path towards happiness.  A call to action!

Think about these questions I’ve presented to you today and work towards improving your life for the better.

To answer my own questions, no, I am not there yet.  I am still working towards the meaning of happiness in my life.  But what I am doing to improve my life is that I am using my passion of music to help me live my life of happiness.   Although the last two years have been far from happy, I am grateful that I went through that phase of my life because now, I am concentrating on what I love to do every day and I hope that others can appreciate my passion for music as well.

If you would like to listen to my music, I have just released a new single called Where’s The Love on my official website or Soundcloud.  You can also listen to my first single called Keep It Real all on my official website or Soundcloud.

Until next time,

David Hayder

No comments:

Post a Comment