Monday, July 1, 2013

How Joe Budden Inspired Me





The first project that I listened to by Joe Budden was Mood Muzik 4.  It was a great introduction for me because that project quickly turned me into a fan of his music.  Before listening to this project, I didn’t really know too much about Joe Budden or his work other than one song that gave him mainstream success for a period of time.




Although many people may know Joe Budden because of that one song, what I really liked about Joe Budden when I seriously started to listen to his music was that there was more to him than being just a one hit wonder.  He has proven time and time again to have the lyrical skills to match the best rappers in Hip Hop music (Check out his “No Church in The Wild Remix”).  Not only that, but he also has an introspective side to him, which is what I really liked about him because it’s what I’ve been searching for a lot in Hip Hop music.

Because of Joe Budden, I was inspired to become more vulnerable and introspective as I wrote songs for my debut album, Loving All My Demons.  Most importantly, I was taught that it was OKAY to explore this side in Hip Hop music.  As I got more familiar with Hip Hop music, it seemed silly for somebody to show a more personal side in an environment that is so competitive until I heard more rappers like Joe Budden speak so openly about his past and such.

If you’re a fan of Joe Budden, how has his music affected you?  Please leave your thoughts in the comments because I would love to know what you think.

-David Hayder

No comments:

Post a Comment