Sunday, August 18, 2013

Biggest Mistake Beginner Rappers Make






If you have been following my blog, you know that I am not only an independent rapper, but I also host an internet radio station on Live365 called Brainy Hip Hop Radio.

Because I host an internet radio station (And because I’m a fan of Hip Hop music), I like to search for the newest Hip Hop music by rappers in order see if there is a rapper out there who deserves more recognition because of the quality of their music.  With that said, most of the music that I mainly search for happens to be made by beginning rappers.

Although I mostly find Hip Hop music that falls below my standards, I do occasionally find a gem that meets my high standards, sometimes even exceeding those standards.

When I happen to find this incredible Hip Hop music made by this independent rapper, the first thing I want to do is contact him or her in order to provide them with the opportunity for more recognition!.....and this is where a lot of independent rappers make a HUGE mistake.

THEY DO NOT PROVIDE A WAY FOR PEOPLE INTERESTED IN THEIR MUSIC TO GET IN CONTACT WITH THEM!

And this frustrates me SO much because I want for them to get more recognition because they deserve it!

Sure, I’ll try to find a way to contact them through some research, but I’m not going to waste my time doing this all day long.  And I’m sure I’m being VERY patient because I bet A LOT of people would simply overlook your music since there is no way to contact you.

So if you are an independent rapper reading this blog, I URGE you to set up a way for your fans and other people who could give you great opportunities to get in contact with you and connect with you!

You should set up a Facebook fan page, set up a Twitter profile, and make sure your email is included with all of these social media sites and where you post your music.  You should also be sure to FILL OUT YOUR PROFILES on each of these sites. 

This is crucially important to your success as an independent musician so please don’t forget to do this!

___________________________________________________________________________________

-David Hayder, Independent Rapper and Internet Radio DJ of Brainy Hip Hop Radio
Go ahead and listen to my music:  http://www.davidhayder.com/listen.html
Brainy Hip Hop Radio:  http://www.davidhayder.com/radio.html

Would you like to download my debut album for free when it comes out?  Go here!  http://www.davidhayder.com/download.html

No comments:

Post a Comment